View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 08:06 AM   #14
squarejawhero
Epinionated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo
I really didn't get House of Flying Daggers...

Spoiler:
the love triangle was overdone, the fighting repetitive, the strings showing and what's with the constant attempted raping on the ground? That scene is in the movie like three times. The ending I thought was an exercise in futility. The scene with the drums in the beginning is great but after that it just goes downhill completely. "Are you for real?" she asks. Crappy translation or crappy dialogue... who knows?

I much prefer Hero and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

Some films I recommend though (don't know if you've seen these): Garden State, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Les Visiteurs (hilarious French comedy)... and kinda new but also Madagascar and Batman Begins. Are they out of cinemas yet where you are?

A good Swedish film btw is "****ing Åmål" directed by Lukas Moodyson. It was released under the lame title "Show me love" in the US, I believe. On that note, "Jägarna" is pretty damn good too.
So glad I'm not the only one who thinks Flying Daggers was overhyped. I completely agree, you found the same problems with it as I.

Spoiler:
But you missed out the comedy fight at the end where they repeatedly hit eachother like a scene from Vic and Bob.