View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 06:23 AM   #11
gillyruless

City of God - A powerful movie. It does feature some brutal scenes so City of God is not a movie you want to see when you feel like getting warm and cozy. Don't let that discourage you though, it's as beautiful as it is violent and brutal. Some people called it Brazilian Goodfellas and I for one think that this is even better than Goodfellas. One of the Netflix reviewers said how physically beautiful people look and I have to agree with her. There are so many gorgeous people featured in the movie, you almost want to move to Brazil!

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, ... and Spring
- One of the most beautifully shot and framed movies that I have seen in years. It's a Korean movie, and I must say that at the end of the movie, I felt proud that Korean movie industry is now capable of producing classics. You would get more out of the movie if you are familiar with the basic concepts of the Buddhism and Asian sentiments, but even if you don't, you will be moved by natural and spiritual beauty that the movie presents. You might also want to check out another Korean masterpiece with Buddhist theme, Why has Bodhi Dharma Left for the East?.