View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 02:40 PM   #64
rtrooney
Codger

Josho -

Nice to see you again. Something must be in the air. Just tonight I pulled my copy of CCS off the shelf because I needed to reference it in a response to another thread.

If I recall correctly, Take2 and Legend didn't have the resources to finish the game properly, including releasing a defective demo. Trying to find marketing money was even more difficult.

I wonder if overlooked has some other undertones. Overlooked and poorly marketed go somewhat hand in hand. Overlooked and technological shift also seem to go hand in hand. In the case of FPFP, it was the last game produced by Sierra on a platform (286) while everyone else, including Sierra, was producing games that ran on a 386.

And there are games like Comer and Amber, that were elegantly self-produced, but lacked any kind of mass distribution channel. At least Amber made it to the discount bin of a few retailers.

All sorts of reasons good games get overlooked. And, as the thread title implies, those reasons have nothing to do with the quality of the game.

(Like the Freddy avatar.)

Tim