View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 02:23 PM   #63
After a brisk nap
Elegantly copy+pasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vel
IMO the dig is vastly overlooked for no other reason but for its serious and grave plot. While many people(including me) think it is magnifficent, it was not what you'd expect from lucasarts at that time. And the graphics were outdated in terms of resolution, although artistically they are maybe the best lucasarts had done at that time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by insane_cobra
I loved The Dig, it's one of my favorite adventure games and I like it way more than Sam & Max or Full Throttle, to name just a few. I guess one of the reasons people were disappointed with it is that it's more of a Myst type game than a standard LucasArts adventure.
My main problem with The Dig is that the story pulls too many punches, especially when it comes to the central conflict in the game. The dynamic between the characters is just bland, which doesn't make for a very compelling drama.

The puzzles can't have been very memorable, either, because I don't remember a single one. I do remember having to walk around a lot, so I guess it's a very good thing that it used the "double-click to skip to screen" interaction.