View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 09:11 PM   #3
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpson_yellow
Interesting editorial, and the above quote is very true. Just visit the Steam forums - you'd think the entire world is of the opinion that Half Life 2 is the buggiest and most unpolished product ever to have hit the streets.
I had a professor in college who wrote a book on a very specific, random topic (the development of the radio industry in the 1920s) that received one or two very not-good reviews on Amazon. She spent the first half of a lecture one day ranting about how people only leave reviews if they love the book (or game) or hate it. No one bothers to review something they feel average about. I think it's very true, and it leaves a really unbalanced view of how people really feel. I'd like to know how many people actually read AG and use the reviews to help them decide to buy their games, vs. the fraction of people who bother to post on the forums - or even how many people there are out there who love adventure games but have no idea there are online forums and websites devoted to them. I mean, I know AG has a much larger readership than those who post here, but I wish there were a way to capture the numbers. I suspect there are a ton of fans out there who still shop at the EB at the mall, and don't have any concept of the little nickpicky things we spend so much time ranting about.

Quote:
By the way, what are you doing visiting that site?
Err, nothing... hey, look! A three-headed monkey!