View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 11:36 PM   #17
NemelChelovek
The Solomon of Sarcasm

Quote:
I think Peasant's Quest is the best fukcing adventure game of the last five years, easy. It deserves an update as much as all those redone shitty Sierra advenures of the eighties didn't.
You may not like the Sierra adventures (though your comment leaves me with the impression that you aren't terribly familiar with them, as Peasant's Quest is almost exactly like them), but the fact remains that Sierra's old adventures were pretty much directly responsible for every other graphic adventure that succeeded them; you can't have a genre unless someone starts it, and that's exactly what Roberta Williams and Sierra did with King's Quest (or rather, Mystery House, which came before that). Without King's Quest, there would be no Peasant's Quest.

Quote:
We've taken the graphics, and touched them up, giving them a King's Quest feel. Here's some screenshots
The problem, Alliance, is that they ALREADY had a King's Quest feel, just a King's Quest 1 feel rather than a King's Quest 5/6 feel. The Chapman Brothers have said in numerous interviews that their goal with this game was an hommage to the old Sierra adventures, and they achieved that goal pretty damn well. All the same, I wish you the best of luck with your project, because I'm sure there are many out there who would enjoy it.

Advertisers don't program morals into their audiences. It would be bad for business.
--Sara Ogaz, Queen of the World

Just about every adventure game includes you needing to combine a ham and a wrench to make a "porkscrew".
--Kevin Wilson