View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 04:12 AM   #6
Ninth

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatchef
Ah, it's just with the Still Life screenshots I saw Death ringing someone's doorbell, a very weird looking woman and fishing a corpse out of a bathfull of blood that's all I saw that Black Mirror looked a lot like Gabriel Knight, IHNMBUMS (not that i've played either) and that HRR Geiger adventure game with the brain-alien. (played only the demo, never wanted to see it again)
I played Escape from Monkey Island, being a big MI fan... although it was okayish, lets say I miss the days of 2D and the original teams that did the 2D Lucasarts games.
Still Life and The Black Mirror are both very good games, both a bit disturbing, but nothing compared to really scary movies. You see dead people ( ) in both, there's blood and murder in both, and I'd say both are creepy, but nothing to make nightmares about, really, especially in the case of Still Life. Black Mirror is a bit more twisted.
Also, Gabriel Knight is a must play for an adventure game lover if you haven't already played it, especially the second game. And this is coming from a Lucas Arts fanboy.
To sum it up, the best games I've played lately (in the last 5 years or so) are Syberia (1), The Black Mirror, Return to Mystery Island, Still Life, and Myst 4.
And Grim Fandango, of course...