Thread: Chat Room!!
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2005, 07:49 AM   #23
pinkgothic
Feind der Anonymitaet!

Send a message via ICQ to pinkgothic Send a message via AIM to pinkgothic Send a message via Yahoo to pinkgothic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
We had an 'official' AG irc chat room before, but it didn't turn out popular enough. I do like the idea, but I don't like irc, it's not... sophisticated enough. Something is lacking about it that makes ongoing chats unsatisfying.
Heathen! You're lucky I vowed not to pan anyone for the rest of the day.

I've got an IRC chatroom on a cozy little server that I could offer to be run over, the upside would be that there's already people in it for other reasons than AG, so the problem of the first AG person coming to chat having to twiddle thumbs would fall away...

Er, one step too far. *rewinds* Trep! How can you not love IRC? It's so wonderfully basic and with some scripting you can make it do really nice, super interactive things. Er. *scripts her mIRC* *sweatdrops*

*holds banner up: "Vote for IRC!", and another banner in subliminal white on white[*]: "Vote for irc.darkmyst.org"*

^_^

[*] careful, specific-server-spam.
Winner of the Second-Best-Dressed and Non-Specific awards in the Unbiased Impostor Awards™, amongst many others.

Non-Conformist to Non-Conformism™
Internet Explodifier™ - the best weapon of mass destruction!!!11one
Trademark Overuser™