View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 08:45 AM   #9
fov
Rattenmonster

I thought Autumn Moon announced recently that they, too, would be using 3D models on 2D backgrounds (same as Runaway) because it's more cost effective?

Quote:
This post is about graphics but I want to start by asking how well did this game do if its getting a sequel?
Well enough to warrant a sequel.

I think it's a misconception that Runaway didn't do well. We actually asked a rep from TriSynergy about this at E3 and he said from his perspective, it sold very well in the US. Maybe our idea of good sales is not the same as the publisher's and developer's idea of good sales - but then, the publishers and developers are the ones worrying about the money end, so whether or not the fans think a game did well is pretty much irrelevant. I say count our blessings - those that enjoyed the first game are happy to get a second, and those who didn't aren't losing anything by the fact that Runaway did well enough for Pendulo to make Runaway 2.

EDIT: By the way, I really don't see a difference in the pictures in the first post. If anything, I think Brian looks more organic to the environment than the vampire does.

Last edited by fov; 06-04-2005 at 09:03 AM.