Thread: California trip
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2005, 05:11 PM   #31
Ninth

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Check out the Muir Redwood forest, the bridge, the seals at the harbour (Fishermans Wharf?), walk through Chinatown, take a tram (there's Trams from all over the world, plus those ones on the vertical street)... wow, you're gonna have FUN!

We (my ex and I) rented a car and took Route 1 (is that right?) down the coast to LA, which was utterly beautiful. Don't forget to check out that amazing area, including all sorts of wildlife and scary roads, plus Elephant seals further down. You'll never see such scenery.
I already did all that (Muir woods, Golden Gate, Sea Lions, Chinatown, Trams, and Elephant seals) 7 or so years ago, but yeah, it's great, and I'll do it all over again, if only to share the sights with my girlfriend.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys, I guess I'll need to find a decent piece of paper and a pen and write it all down. Again, keep it coming! I'll have a car and probably the opportunity to fly away for a few days, so don't let your suggestions be limitated to the Bay area. For example, I was thinking about going to LA. Until I read Jake's post, that is...