Thread: California trip
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2005, 11:20 AM   #21
DustCropper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov

What, does California have a reputation for scary Rocky Horror initiations? I've seen it in many places and California was no stranger than anywhere else.

I actually don't think Rocky Horror plays anywhere around here any more. The one in Berkeley closed down years ago (unless they reopened and I didn't hear about it). I saw it in San Jose about 8 years ago (ack, I feel old) and it was kind of lame. You really want to see a good Rocky Horror Picture Show, go to Cambridge. *waves at EasilyConfused*
I think I gave him that impression.

The Parkway Theater in Oakland still plays it, which I think is the place I went to but I'm not 100% sure. Even if it is I'm not sure if they still do the initiation, and even if they do, you can easily skip it by saying you've seen the movie before. That would probably make the experience much more enjoyable, as you can sit back and watch all the other people get embarrassed on stage.

http://barelylegal.rhps.org/

I really enjoyed it; it's with a very fun crowd and felt uniquely San Franciscan (despite it being in Oakland).