View Single Post
Old 05-22-2005, 02:21 PM   #17
squarejawhero
Epinionated.

What dark secrets do people have? That's far more interesting.

I've got -

The Chronicles Of Riddick; Purely for the production design! Honest! Actually, it got kind of a bum wrap. Sure, the villains are almost pathetically crap and their designs on taking the galaxy are totally vaporous and nonsensical, some of the acting is horribly self-important, and Judi Dench looks like she came from another movie entirely, but it does feature some great SFX (and some poor bits, admittedly) and some really inventive sequences.

Tron; Again, production design! Seeing it through adult eyes it's a horrendously bad film. But it's totally unique in terms of look and concept. Jeff Bridges spends the entire time looking uncomfortable and bemused whilst he acts everyone else into a black hole, merely by sleepwalking the role! The dialogue is clunky and out of synch with a lot of the themes of the film too. But it's great and cheesey.

Aida; a terrible Italian cartoon with promising ideas that actually helped me get into the animation industry during its production. Truly a great effort, and a highly respectable company (Lanterna Magica in Turin), but god - a misfire in so many ways.

The Fast and The Furious; I love this film. It blew me away when I first saw it and it still kicks ass now. Even Vin Diesel has great lines in it... OK, I like him as an actor when he's got the right role... but it's not like I fancy him or anything.

Stop looking at me like that.