View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 06:33 PM   #1
Jackal
Hopeful skeptic

Default Hype-o-Meter Update 05/04

Just when you thought the Update button must be broken, the Hype-o-Meter gets another makeover. Well, maybe "makeover" is overstating a little, but a few tweaks here and there. Here's the lowdown on what's new.

#2. Indigo Prophecy. No brainer here. The game formerly-and-in-some-places-still-known-as Fahrenheit reclaims its long-held previous ranking with the release of Still Life. Check out the new trailer for the game if you're not sure why (and then have your head examined).

#3. Another Code. What's this?? An upstart appearing at #3, and for a console, no less? Sorry, PC-only gamers, it's true. With an English version release date set for June 3 in Europe, this pure adventure for the Nintendo DS has potential written all over it, and we can't wait to see how it turns out.

#10. Juniper Crescent - The Sapphire Claw. We're all ready for another "cartoon comedy escapade", and Steve Ince sounds like just the man to deliver that experience. Based on his popular web comic, this game was just recently announced in an AG exclusive. The early screenshot has got fans drooling already, and the short playable demo (which I promise I will stop mentioning after about a zillion more taunting references) is a highly promising start.

The only casualty of this update is Nibiru. Believe me, we're as anxious as anyone for news of an English release of this game, but with several localized versions already released, and no imminent English version announcement (that we know of), we'll put this one on the back burner and keep our fingers crossed.