Thread: AGS vs SLUDGE
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 01:28 AM   #61
Golan

First, If I knew of other engines like WME at the time I first posted I would have included it in the title.

The reason I wanted to rule out registration fees was not because SLUDGE had one for the full version but because I did not want someone to say the following. "I like SLUDGE but I chose to use AGS because it's free." That kind of statement would not help me draw out the information I was looking for. I have an extra $50 and so I could care less about a fee one way or the other. I'm a 29 year old with a full time job. If I can't afford to help out the guy who wrote the engine then I should be spending my time reevaluating my life plan and not creating adventure games. If I did chose a "free" engine I would probably send the creator $50 anyway. If it were not for them most of us would be making web based chose your own adventure novels with pictures. (gratuitous subject change) At least we'd have "brain hotel". That was a refreshingly fun game with a cool player character and a talkie to boot. Not to mention it's using none of the engines we've been talking about.