Thread: AGS vs SLUDGE
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 07:42 AM   #26
Dragonrose

I tried really really hard to use SLUDGE. It was just WAY too open ended for me. I'm not a programmer, I'm a writer and an artist. If I want to make a game, I need an engine that will tell me exactly what to do at all times; one that will take care of all the coding garbage and let me focus on all my right brained fluff. AGS does that. SLUDGE didn't.

To be honest, I don't care about game speed, or resolution, or anything like that. I didn't even know what resolution was until I started working on my second game. I don't care if it has anti-aliasing or what speed it runs at. I just have an idea for a game that I think would be cool, and AGS is a quick and easy program to make the game with. If I was making my game in SLUDGE, I'd have to have a firm grasp on every tiny aspect of my game. AGS does most of the nitpicky things for me.

Translation: I like AGS because I'm lazy.

If you want to make a high resolution, full colour game and have complete control over every bit of data, than SLUDGE might be for you. If you just want to be able to tell your story through an Adventure game, maybe you should look at AGS.