View Single Post
Old 03-21-2005, 04:29 AM   #31
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musenik
To paraphrase an earlier post: "Just because a person isn't a bully, doesn't mean that another won't feel bullied by them." If you've ever taken a course in workplace harassment, then you'll know what I'm talking about.
That wasn't my post you were paraphrasing, was it? If it was, you completely twisted it's meaning.

Quote:
Are you saying that no-one should be allowed to express their opinions about that which is written? If so, then I must stand firmly against you.
You have every right to express your opinion and we have every right to tell you why you are wrong.

Quote:
I believe an earlier poster claimed to be a 'better gamer'. He must be comparing himself to someone. So far, the only examples I've read here of people's opinions of 'casual gamers' have been negative.
Yes, I was comparing myself to people who do not play games regularly. I have no doubt that my skills in playing games are better. That doesn't mean my opinion about casual gamers is negative. It's just an attribute that doesn't have a stigma like skin color has. Let's take your eye color example:

If a brown eyed kid makes a comment about ugly blue eyed kids after the teacher has separated the two groups, he's out of line.

However, if a brown eyed kid makes a comment before the separation about blue eyed kids having blue eyes, he's only stating the obvious. Eye colour isn't something that is used to gauge people's worth as human beings, neither is skill in gaming.

Just because I think I can get head shots in Counter-Strike more often than people who haven't played it doesn't mean I harbour some negative feelings against those people.