View Single Post
Old 03-20-2005, 05:12 PM   #27
Musenik
Musenik

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan
You can't just separate intent out like that.
To paraphrase an earlier post: "Just because a person isn't a bully, doesn't mean that another won't feel bullied by them." If you've ever taken a course in workplace harassment, then you'll know what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan
Are you saying writers have to carefully scrutinise everything they say for possible offence?
Absolutely not, which is why I don't want an apology, but I do reserve the right to comment on what people say and write. I believe this is the forum category for such comment.

Are you saying that no-one should be allowed to express their opinions about that which is written? If so, then I must stand firmly against you.

As for the non-existence of the oppressed, of course the casual gamer exists. It certainly exists in the minds of some people here who call themselves non-casual or serious gamers. I believe an earlier poster claimed to be a 'better gamer'. He must be comparing himself to someone. So far, the only examples I've read here of people's opinions of 'casual gamers' have been negative.

I don't think that's very neighborly, and I exercised my right to comment on it.

How about we all meet in a bar, beat the crap out of each other, and share a few beers afterwards? My carpel-tunnel's acting up...