View Single Post
Old 09-12-2003, 11:38 PM   #27
Henke
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
Hmmm, don't be so sure. Didn't this happen before with a minister a few years back? I believe they never caught the perpetrator.

My sympathies to her family, people around her, and the people of Sweden.

Here in the Netherlands we had a similar political murder. But as often, the exact opposite of what the perpetrator wants to achieve with his/her deed happens. In our case, the politician who died got more popular then he already was and thus more people voted on his party.

--Erwin
Yeah your're right, they never did catch the killer of Olof Palme. But that time there wasn't as much witnesess as it is now. This time the criminal MUST be caught, otherwise it would be a disgrace.

I think that the same thing you mentioned will happen here now. The exact opposite of what the murderer wanted to accomplish is happening right now. We are going to vote tommorow about EMU. There was posters with Anna over the entire city before the murder urging everybody to vote yes. Now most people will probably do that because of symphaty for what happened. Somehow I don't think that was the murderers intention.