View Single Post
Old 03-13-2005, 12:27 PM   #14
artwking4
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Hmmm. That sucks. I think it should have been timed, but that if the victim had died, there could have been an alternate way. For example, as she slumps to her death, her little Blackberry slips out her pocket and it shows a bit of the information Zoe needs (along with little digital pics of the victim's family, boyfriend, etc.). So you'd still have find out how to get in that room to get the Blackberry. This alternate scenario would help tug at the player's emotions.
Mmmm... Just like in 24! I've seen that Jack Bauer make the most delicious lemonade from the nastiest lemons that the terrorists hand him. (What??? That's a stupid analogy I just made...) Anyway, that sort of thing happens all the time in that show, like when Jack is pursuing a suspect that he wants to interrogate, but fails to capture him alive. However, he always manages to find at least a tiny shred of evidence that points to the next lead.

So yeah, I read that and was also disappointed about the lack of timed sequences. It's not particularly realistic. OH WELL! I'll deal with it.