View Single Post
Old 03-13-2005, 10:19 AM   #4
fov
Rattenmonster

Excellent preview.

I'm still pouting because I had to miss that demo.

Quote:
The theme stressed most in this particular demonstration was a closer and more natural link between the gameplay and the events of the plot than we tend to see in adventure games, which often have puzzles and cutscenes that seem bolted on to the underlying story.
Very glad to hear this.

Quote:
Zoƫ, like most of us, is someone who rarely actually trades blows; when she does, she will apparently be very upset about it and will constantly bring it up when talking to other characters.
This sounds great, too. The "conversation in a vacuum" issue is one of my huge pet peeves in AGs.

Quote:
If you do happen to lose a fight, Ragnar mentioned, you'll never have to play catch up with more than a minute or so of gameplay (during which you can presumably choose a different course of action not requiring a fight), thanks to the game's checkpoint system and save-anytime option on both PC and Xbox.
Is Zoe actually able to die, then? This seems odd to me, if we're supposed to believe that at the beginning of the game she's in a coma and what we're playing is a flashback. Did Ragnar address this at all?

-emily