View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 07:28 AM   #1
Jackal
Hopeful skeptic

Default Hype-o-Meter Update 02/23

Throw us a frickin' bone here!

Unless you've been living in a cave for a week or so, you're well aware that Telltale Games has announced their first adventure game, based on Jeff Smith's comic series, Bone. (Okay, not just the first game, but the first in a series of games.)

Sure, I could offer a tidy little summary of all things Telltale and Bone right here, but that would be painful for me, and agonizing for you. So instead I'll simply direct you to the game announcement and the interview with Graham Annable, Telltale's artistic director. How's THAT for hype??!

Of course, wars were fought and friendships threatened in an effort to decide Bone's place on the Hype-o-Meter (not really, but that sounds much more dramatic than what really happened). Those that know and love the comic were pitching to add a new number to the H-o-M, a #0.5 that slots in ahead of #1, and have Bone debut there. Others, of course, responded with... "who's Bone?"

So for now, Bone settles in at a perfectly respectable #7. Once the actual game starts building momentum, I suspect even those unfamiliar with Bone will start drooling over its potential.

Now... (coughBASS2 is missingcough), to make way for Bone, something had to give. That something was a game we want to see as much as anyone. But this is the Hype-o-Meter, not the Dream-o-Meter, so we've now tucked BASS2 away in the files of "though we reallyreallyREALLY want to, we'll believe it when we see it".

We've also seen #2 and #3 trade places (the games, not the numbers). Contrary to popular belief, this is NOT punishment for Fahrenheit changing its name to Indigo Prophecy, but simply reflects the increased anticipation of Still Life. With regular new screenshots, trailers, and an upcoming demo, this game definitely deserves the spotlight for a while.

Last edited by Jackal; 02-23-2005 at 07:55 AM. Reason: stinkin' typos