View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 03:51 AM   #1
Jake
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
Default Graham Annable interview

In case you guys somehow missed it...

That was an enjoyable interview. Encouraging

Quote:
We're talking about a graphic adventure game, right? What kind of engine and interface can we expect?

Yep, it will indeed be a graphic adventure game. The interface and engine will be of the point and click variety.

What's your vision for the gameplay of the game? Are we looking at lots of inventory puzzles, or will the gameplay be a departure from the classical LucasArts style adventure most of you worked on in the past?

The gameplay will be centered around strengthening the storyline and characters of the game. There will be a healthy balance of classic adventure game puzzles and mini games that will continuously progress both the characters and story. It won’t be a departure from the classical LucasArts style adventures so much, as hopefully a natural progression of them.
Quote:
How do you expect this game to be different from some of the other adventure games that have been released recently?

I’m hoping the art direction in the game will certainly make it stand out. I think our art production process will allow for the game to feel very ‘alive’ and will make the most of our animation system. Pacing of the game is really important to me as well. Like a well crafted film, I’d like to see our adventure games build nicely to climactic moments in the story and have players really feel strongly for the characters.
What I like to hear.