View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 08:12 AM   #39
Trunkyo
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

Say, does anyone else remember those "awesome" classic adventures Mummies Curse (yes, that was the spelling, beats me) and Transylvania for the Apple II on 5 1/4-inch floppies??? I didn't think so.

It was my uncle's computer in 1985, and my sister and I always wanted to play on it when we visited him and my grandparents! Other games included Critical Mass, Masquerade, The Tracer Sanction, Death in the Caribbean, Dallas Quest (!)... (Hey, this post could go into the "When did you first play?" thread too!)

I missed these games so much that I wound up downloading an Apple II emulator just to replay all of these and tons more!

Now, I'm continuing the tradition (not that it was a tradition to begin with ) by introducing adventure games to my younger cousin! I started him on the Myst games a few years ago when he was ten (with minimal hints from me!) and then we moved on to The Crystal Key (oops, bad choice ), the Monkey Island games and Grim Fandango, and more recently, the Simon the Sorcerer games, Flight of the Amazon Queen and Beneath a Steel Sky (both on ScummVM) and just last weekend, Zork: Grand Inquisitor! He prefers the 3rd-person, inventory-based point & click games over the 1st-person puzzle games like Alida and RHEM, but I'm trying to change that!

Last edited by Trunkyo; 02-15-2005 at 09:02 AM.