View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 12:01 PM   #38
Stalker

Other. We had just gotten a C64 in the middle of the 80's. My mom saw Zork while shopping, thought it would be something I'd like because of the freaky skeleton thing on the cover, and bought it for me. Now, she didn't know that the game was text only, and at that age, I didn't know too much english. I think back then, I only got to the troll before I gave up. The next adventure I played was Maniac Mansion. The review for it was a bit confusing, but the game itself was great AND featured german on-screen text... I played it so much that when Zak McKracken was soon to be released, I went to the mall nearly every day after school to see whether it was already out. In the end, my mom bought that one for me too when she saw it on the way home in another part of the city.

Oh, as for Zork - I bought the Lost Treasures of Infocom for the Amiga seven or eight years later, and then I finally completed Zork. Does that set some kind of record like "Game that took you longest to complete"?

Edit: Wow, I just noticed that it is pretty hard to find a scan of the cover... anyway, I'm talking about this one.

Last edited by Stalker; 02-14-2005 at 12:10 PM.