Thread: Gumshoe Online
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 07:17 PM   #6
LauraMac
Bearly Here

Quote:
But I suppose the whole point with Gumshoe is that the episodes really can be stand-alone games . . . Hm. Would still want them all if I got into them, though. That collecting urge . . .
I think that's a very good point. AGON is episodic and have now released a 3 episode set on CD in their Hungary, their home country. I am sure they intend to mass market it in other places with publishing support.

Broken Saints was episodic (free) but then once the series was completed was made available in a DVD format.

I would assume tha down the road GumShoe would at least entertain the idea of packaging a set of the cases on CD format. This new Delaware St. Johns game coming out is also going to be episodic. I thought back when AGON came out, that here was a way for a Developer to put out a commercially viable game on a thin budget. They were the first "commercial" quality product to go this route and stay in there (even if their new content release got stretched a bit thin) Then after a time you package 3 or 4 of the episodes and sell the set on CD/DVD.