Thread: Gumshoe Online
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 07:08 PM   #5
EasilyConfused
Curiouser and curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMac
On Gumshoe, I do think they have a good idea in theory and even in execution for some parts. [getridofthetimer] but sure, with some tweaking, and sparking up some of the details [getridofthetimer] then I see with the pricing and what appears to be a steady content stream - they will have a solid product.
Okay, yeah, I agree, not everyone is as stingy facing the same game budget constraints I am. I wonder Laura what you think about this--or any of you guys: does it matter how many episodes are in the series? I would be more likely to pay $5 for four episodes to complete a series than $5 each for one of 20 episodes, even if the episodes were of comparable length and quality.

Yes, that is weird, but maybe also psychology 101--the urge to "own the set" or feel like you've completed some meta-game would be I think pretty compelling. Thoughts? I guess that's why I was suggesting a lower price . . . if a company is out to make a serial, it seems like they should price accordingly. But I suppose the whole point with Gumshoe is that the episodes really can be stand-alone games . . . Hm. Would still want them all if I got into them, though. That collecting urge . . .