View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 11:56 AM   #13
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Tuttle
Thats pretty fuzzy logic, i mean better not have a Review section of Adventure Gamers, cause you have to continuosuly update it , and there are games that you might omit. Minimal info on Acronyms is better than none.
I disagree. Take, for example, the list in the old FAQ:

Quote:
TLJ - The Longest Journey
DOTT - Day of the Tentacle
GF - Grim Fandango
MI - Monkey Island
CMI - Curse of Monkey Island
EMI - Escape From Monkey Island
LSL - Leisure Suit Larry
KQ - King's Quest
PQ - Police Quest
SQ - Space Quest
GK - Gabriel Knight
BS - Broken Sword
UAKM - Under A Killing Moon
Z:GI - Zork: Grand Inquisitor
AitD - Alone in the Dark
QfG - Quest for Glory
FT - Full Throttle
This is by no means a comprehensive list. It includes some old games but not others, for no obvious reason. And it's worthless to someone who wants to find out what TMOS (also known as MoS) or L: DS or S&M2 stands for. And yeah, the list could be redone right at this moment to include EVERY acronym for EVERY game that's come out to date... but it'll be outdated again a few months from now, and therefore worthless to the person who can't figure out what XYZ stands for.

Acronyms are always based on the first letters of the words in the game title, and usually can be figured out pretty easily from the context of the post. If someone can't figure out what an acronym means, I'd personally rather that person ask than to have AG try to maintain a comprehensive list of acronyms.

Reviews are completely different, IMO, but hey, if people would rather AG staff spent their time trying to maintain long lists of acronyms rather than reviewing games, who am I to argue?

-emily