View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 12:40 PM   #12
Jake
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Precisely. Look at the TV and films aimed at kids. If yours is the same as the imports we get in the UK, there are lots of OTT cartoons and obviously plotted films. I'm not complaining about this, as this is what appeals to younger children, but it goes some way to explaining why younger games enjoy Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle but not Syberia.
False. Well, true, but the simply plotted animated kids stuff is the movie equipment of shovelware, and that's not the point. You can make cheap snackfood garbage and kids will eat it, yeah. But that's not real. I mean, that's exploiting a demographic, not really crafting a product for it. That's not, in my opinion, why people 8-13 liked Day of the Tentacle. Or at least, it's not the main reason, or the reason they'd want to play it a second time.

Well maybe it is, for really young (or stupid older) kids, like if you were a 7-8 year old who could somehow play DOTT... But a 12-13 year old? No way.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens