View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 03:14 AM   #21
MaryScots
headless

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyConfused
That's my attitude. I'm more just discussing it for the sake of discussion, and because I can't discuss the full-scale game yet!
The lively discussions here are actually my main reason for joining AG forums. In my favourite german forum its next to impossible at the moment to have a discussion worth its name (well, sometimes it works but rarely).
Discussing Dreamfall for example usually only leeds to complaining about the planned action elements. Nobody seems to attempt finding out what might be good about them. OK, I guess, I'll move over to the Dreamfall-preview-Thread in the adventure forum.

Quote:
Also, GED X-42 had a very good point about voiceovers, at least in the English language version. If Zoe sounds like Marilynn Monroe, that's one thing, but if she sounds like . . . oh I don't know, someone more zingy, that's quite another.
Yes, that is a really a good point, though I can only comment on the german version but this one also was done remarkably well. They hired a lot of experienced and also well known voice actors. Must have cost loads-a-money... 8-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trep
How's that for intelligent marketing, eh?
Wow, Trep! If I look at Zoƫ like that she starts to draw my attention.
Your post reminds me of your "Syberia" essay which I guess I'll just have to read again because its so... so... I'm at a loss for words... just great!