View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 01:11 AM   #20
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyConfused
Trep, what say you about visuals and marketing now? Could this at all be an attempt to attract male gamers to the sequel of a game that was too-often described as a female-friendly AG?
I dunno about the male gamers, but I'll tell you one thing. My 21-year-old niece Kristin (more best friend than niece, actually) has that exact same body type and wears exactly those kinds of clothes (down to the exposed belly button). Kristin would absolutely play Dreamfall based on Zoe's look and character alone. But most importantly Kristin would most likely identify with Zoe - a beautiful, strong, yet still very feminine young woman studying at uni, who is idealistic yet undecided of herself on many levels (regrettably the only thing missing are tattoos and piercings). Sensuous without looking trampy.

How's that for intelligent marketing, eh?
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien